Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gratitude Rocks


Whining....I hate it, so I had to do something about it. My solution, gratitude rocks. We used to do this before we moved to Eagle Mountain, then in the move our rocks got lost and we just never got around to painting new ones. Well the time came Monday night. After a full week of nonstop whining I knew exactly what our FHE lesson would be on.....Gratitude. Now whenever my kids get whiny they have to hold their rock and say 5 things they're grateful for. And at night before we pray we all take our turn holding our rock and remembering 1 thing we were grateful for throughout the day.

The kids had a grand time painting their rocks every color imaginable and of course we had to have glitter. After their rocks and themselves were covered in paint they decided we also needed to paint some of the bigger rocks in our yard for decoration.
It was a great FHE and the best thing is that my kids are having fun being grateful.

1 comment:

Krishelle said...

this is such a great idea! You are such a good mom!