Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gratitude

This year has been a year of remembering to always be grateful for me. Cameron lost his job the day before Thanksgiving last year. At first I was terrified, but then because of prayer I was calm. I've learned that through adversity we can become stronger. That we have something to learn. That our Heavenly Father knows best. As I'm being molded and shaped into someone better I can't help but be grateful for my trials. Because Cameron lost his job we had many tender mercies offered to our family. It was a chance to teach our children. We had food dropped off, presents for Christmas, money sent in the mail, gift cards, neighbors coming over and demanding to take us to the store to get us what we need, and the list goes on. People are good. My heart was touched. I'm grateful for what I learned, and for how I have become closer to my Savior. Cameron was out of work for a little over 5 months. I got used to having him home. I loved all the time we got to spend together. When he did get a job it wasn't the one we wanted it was still a huge pay cut and far away. But I was once again reminded to be grateful. He now has a job that is down the street. He doesn't even have to get on the freeway, and he loves it. Gratitude brings forth many blessings. I have seen that work in my life so many times. Any trial we face has a reason and a blessing attached to it. It's our duty to find out what that blessing and reason is. It's our duty to become stronger and never waiver. My new favorite quote by Elder Monson says, "Be of good cheer! Your future is as bright as your faith." How true that is.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

such and inspiration holly....we take things for granted sometimes..love ya and thanks

Jamie said...

love it and love you!! I also love the picture of you two. Wow I'm full of love today ;)

Lyndee W. said...

Love you Hollsta! You've always been a great example to me.

Tonii said...

Wow Holly, I had no idea!! You guys are an amazing family and I am so happy to be getting to know you! I feel exactly the same way, Heavenly Father is giving me certain trials to help me become the person he expects me to be, thank you so much for sharing!! :)