Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lofty 2.0: "The Box"


"The Box" is code for playhouse. Here's the story.........


I have been looking for a playhouse for my kids on and off for a year. Now that we are back in Utah I have Toys R Us and Kid to Kid and thought for sure I could find one. I can, but they cost so much money and they are so small. So I've been looking on KSL.com for used ones, but every time one is posted it's sold immediately. Well 2 days ago I happened to be looking right at the same moment as someone listed a playhouse, so I called immediately and me and my 2 brothers drove down to check it out. I was so disappointed, it was so small that even Greta and Alina would be cramped in there together. I was getting pretty frustrated because I really wanted to find one for Alina's 2nd year birthday this weekend.

My brother Shane always comes up with crazy ideas that we usually end up doing, well his crazy idea that day was to build a playhouse. So we went to Lowe's and priced it and sure enough I was going to have a playhouse for the kids that is much more spacious and costs less. When Shane and Cameron build something together they get a little crazy. For those of you who know about "Lofty" you'll understand. This started out as a 8 ft by 4 ft 1 level playhouse, but they have decided to make it 8 feet tall and 4 feet wide with 2 floors and a trapdoor. I finally had to stop them when they wanted to run electricity through it. I think they're going to like it more than the kids, they are already planning their first night to sleep in it.

The kids have no idea that it's going to be a playhouse for them. They just think Uncle Shane and Dad are building a box. They are going to be so surprised. I can't wait to see their faces!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

So, when they are done building one for your kids, can Cam come up and build one for mine? So jealous! They will have so much fun in there though. The kids I mean. The older ones are already having too much fun with this it seems. ;0)

Holly said...

They are supposed to be done building it by Sunday. I've got to start painting it today. Luckily my brother has the day off so sll of the construction will be done today.

Shane Egan said...

I think "crazy" is a relative term. I prefer: obsessive...lol