Friday, March 27, 2009

Last night we had our quarterly ward enrichment. Since I'm the enrichment leader it was my duty along with my committee to find something to do. Well I have a great friend whom I used to visit teach clear back when I was 19 or so. She's about 12 years older than me, but somehow we clicked. She was there for me when Cam was on a mission and when he got back. We hung out with them quite a bit during our early years and although we don't see much of each other we still keep in touch. Her name is Heidi and she has an amazing voice and because of her talent has been able to be a part of something for the last 9 years called "Women at the Well." It's a musical presentation about the Savior.

I was so nervous about having a big attendance that I didn't get to prepare myself in the way I wish I could've. But when that first song was sung I was touched. Our Savior is truly amazing and loves me. Why do I have to make life so difficult, why do I complain so much, why do I always want more. I realized last night how blessed I truly am. I have a husband who loves me and is perfect in every way for me. I have 3 adorable children who bring such light to my life that I can't imagine life without them. I have this new little baby growing inside me and I get to share in the excitement with my children as they come up with names for this little surprise, and nicknames. Alina has chosen to call the baby "sparkles" if it's a girl. All these little things make life great.

The Savior was spit upon, hated and hung on a cross to die, but he never complained or spoke ill of others. How sweet would life be if everyone could accept each other, and truly learn to love one another. My heart has been changed, I'm motivated to be a better person and to ALWAYS be grateful for what I have. Even if it's that I get to have lemon cake because I'm craving it (thanks Peggy and April), it's the little things that count. It's the little things I'll do to make my family and others lives better. For then I will truly be happy and in the service of God.



1 comment:

Jamie said...

That made me cry a bit. :)