Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Cute Kids

We had an FHE lesson on the atonement and I was telling the kids we will all be resurrected just like Jesus. Austin had a look of fear on his face, he thought I meant crucified. He's glad we cleared that up for him.

During the lesson we talked about how the people were mean to Jesus and spit on him and called him names. Alina looked very thoughtful and said "That broke Jesus's heart when they did that hu." Cam and I are getting warm fuzzies and then she says. "So Jesus ripped their hearts out and stomped on it." Apparently she's remembering Indiana Jones and the temple of doom.

The other day Greta kept asking me when her friend Hannah was going to be home from school. After she had asked the 3rd time Alina says to her in a tone that she thinks is in defense of me the following.

"Greta mom doesn't know when Hannah will be home because she's not that smart, hu mom."

I love my kids!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

ahh the joys of motherhood!

Ashlee said...

How funny! Tell the kids we miss them so much!

Shylo said...

Glad to know my kids are not the only ones that say things like that. It makes me laugh when I try to teach a deep lesson at FHE and they get a little off track.

Crystal said...

wow, hol, I love your kids and the funny things they say and do.

Krishelle said...

I can definitely see where the confussion comes from between the stories of Jesus and Indiana Jones...uh...so cute!