Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happenings

Olivia was 1 month old on Friday and we still can't get enough of her. Here are a few things about Olivia Alice.

Some days she is perfectly happy and others she crys unless she is given complete attention all day. I can't get much done on her ornery days, but at the same time I love to just sit and hold her.

She has smiled about a handful of times and I know it isn't gas because she is wide awake when she does it. Although she does have plenty of gas, she gets that from her dad.

She loooooves to be naked. If I can't console her any other way then I just strip her down to her diaper and she's happy as can be.

At bedtime I'll put her down and even if Cam and I stay up for awhile she'll sleep, but the second the lights go out and I lay down she wakes up.

She gets the hiccups every single day and she hates them.

Whenever people see how much hair she has they can't believe it. My friend Lyndee had a party last night with a few friends and her 6 sisters and they couldn't get enough of her. Everyone held her, I hardly saw her all night. At one time I heard them talking about seeing an ad for a toupe for a baby and they thought maybe I had bought one. Nope, her hair is real and has natural highlights in it.


She loves her big sister Greta. Greta is her second mom. She calls Olivia "baby doll" and changes her diapers and sings to her. Olivia will calm right down when Greta is around.

She got the nickname baby doll because everyone tells us that is what she looks like. Alina says she's a baby doll that's alive.


Olivia has really curly hair when it's wet. Cam and I took this picture right as she was pooping in the towel. Look at that concentration. I've tried to put gel and mousse in her hair to keep the curl but it never stays curly once it's dry.

She loves to take a bath. When she was born they gave her her first bath right in the sink in my room and she loved having the water poured on her head. She still loves it. She gets mad when bath time is over.



For Mother's Day I finally ventured out to church with Olivia to see the program the kids put on. Lyndee taught them a new song to sing for Mother's Day and the kids kept it a secret. Alina kept trying to sing it and Austin and Greta would scream "be quiet Alina." She would try to sing it to me for a couple weeks to torture them, it worked.

Olivia wouldn't smile for the pic so we took a funny one instead.





Then she calmed down.




Here she is in her church dress. She's so adorable.



Here are the latest funny conversations Alina had with my dad.

We were playing I spy and grandpa said I spy somebody with a big belly. He was meaning me since I was 9 months pregnant but Alina apparently thought he was talking about himself because she screams "grandpa."


Background:

Alina and Greta are playing outside and find a bunch of ants so they run and tell grandpa. He comes out with a can of ant spray and starts killing them. Alina asks him what he is doing and he tells her he's killing the ants. Alina goes from mad to sad to mad again and stomps off. An hour later she came up to my dad on the couch very calmly and said this....


Alina: Grandpa ya know how you killed all those baby ants.
Grandpa: Yes
Alina: Well all the moms are mad at you and are going to get together and come and kill you.
Grandpa: They won't be able to find me.
Alina: They'll come and get you when your asleep.

Alina Mae, you gotta love her!









7 comments:

Cameron said...

She loooooves to be naked. If I can't console her any other way then I just strip her down...

She gets that from her mom.

Lyndee W. said...

ROFL! Nice, Cam! Hollsta, thank you sooo much for the invite to the blog! You're amazing! I sure love your family and the cute things your kiddos say. And everyone cannot get enough of Olivia! Thanks for coming to the party last night! You rawk!

Jamie said...

She really does have curly hair!!

Holly said...

Cam, only in your dreams!;)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shylo said...

One month...they grow so fast. Lochlan loved being naked when he was a little baby too..he still does-hope it doesn't continue past the age of 3 or we are in trouble. :)

Krishelle said...

Holly she is adorable. I bet you stay up all night curling and braiding her hair!