Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fantastic Weekend

We had such a great weekend. It started Thursday night with an early birthday date for Cam and I. My dearest friend Jen sent me a gift card to Chili's so we went. It was a much needed reprieve from life. Friday I turned 33, I can't believe how fast time flies. That night we had our ward no talent show and I was so excited for our performance. I had been trying to talk my family into doing a dance to MC Hammer's "You Can't Touch This", but they wouldn't comply. So I came up with something even better, I think it was inspired.;)

We danced to a Will Smith's song "Men in Black." Austin was already working on a dance at school so he and Cam used some of it for the opening scene. It was great. Cam and Austin were the "men in black" and the girls and I were the aliens. Since we have keys to the church we were able to practice it a few times. It was so much fun putting together and Olivia was so funny playing dead and screaming when she got shot. But when the day came to actually perform it for everyone she just walked around in her frog costume silent. She was still adorable though.

The girls had me paint eyes all over their face and make tails and extra arms. They were all such good sports. I'm so proud of how brave they were. It was a really cute performance. I'm so mad that we forgot to take a picture of us all together after it was done. Oh well.


No comments: