Friday, October 28, 2011

Double Digits Austin

Austin reached double digits today. I can't believe he's that old! Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday I was getting very impatient for him to be born. He was born on a Saturday and on Friday I went to work ticked off that I was still there. I remember doing jumping jacks trying to go into labor and all the guys I worked with thought I was crazy but tried to come up with other ways to get me into labor.

Friday night Cam and I were at my mom's house watching "The Wedding Planner" and I was having contractions, but they weren't close enough. Then finally after a few hours they got close enough. Cameron and one of my dear friends Becki Vawdrey took me to the hospital. I was yelling at them and telling them they were going the wrong way (they weren't). I must have been somewhat out of it from the contractions.

When we got there they put me in a room and checked me. I was only dialated to a 4...a FOUR that's all this pain had gotten me to. Then they said I had to go home because since it was my first I'd be in labor a long time. I remember thinking to myself, "are you kidding me, I'm not driving all the way home on bumpy roads again!" Right then my water broke so they had to keep me. Yay!

As they were cleaning things up we heard HORRIBLE screaming coming from another room. The worst screaming I'd ever heard. Now you have to understand this was my first baby and I was adamant that I was going natural. I even had a birth plan written. I couldn't imagine why that lady was screaming so loudly. Then the nurse looked at me and said, "don't worry she's screaming because she's going natural." I looked at her with terrified eyes and said, "I'm going natural." She paused and said, "oh, you'll be fine."

I was freaked out to say the least. I tried everything to get comfortable and nothing was working. I finally gave into the epideral. It was the greatest thing EVER! Except Cameron thought it was funny that my legs were completely numb and he kept letting them fall off the table. He's learned since then. ;)

When it came time to push they told me to get started because I would probably push for an hour since it was my first. I pushed once and the nurses eyes got big and said, "STOP!" Then they ran to call the doctor because Austin was coming. The doctor took 1 hour to get there. If I had gone natural one of those nurses would've had to catch my baby, but since I couldn't feel anything at all it worked out.

Austin had a huge cone head since he was waiting to come out for so long, but he was beautiful. We were so happy to have started our family. And now here we are 10 years later. I'm so grateful for my sweet boy. He's such a good kid in so many ways. He brings something special to our home that only he can. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my son. Happy Birthday Austin!

He's not feeling very well today and his birthday party plans with friends didn't work out. So we are going to carve pumpkins, make carmel popcorn, pig out on junk food and watch halloween movies.

We celebrated with my family at my brother's house with his niece Madison who turned 2 on the 23rd.



And here he is tired of me taking pics of him. These are the only faces he gives me now days. I love it!


No comments: