Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year


Can you believe it's 2008?!? Our New Year was great! We went to our friend Jen and Greg's home and we brought our Wii. We played it while eating meatball subs, 7-layer dip, cheese dip, donuts, and Cam's fancy sparkling beverages from IKEA! We stayed up until 2AM and so did the kids. They were running around with their friends Halle and Jack and just wouldn't stop. When we got home they were still awake. They slept in until 10:00 though and were a bit ornery yesterday.


New Year's Day we ate more junk food and played the Wii some more. The picture is of my brother Matthew and his wife Melinda, they got pretty competitive:) It's the perfect party game. The kids favorite thing to do was create "wii mii's". That is where you create your own wii character to look like someone. It has all kinds of eyes, lips, hair, bone structure etc to create your very own wii mii.


Now it's back to the grindstone. Cam is at work and Austin goes back to school today, but we are going house shopping tonight yay!


Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

I just thought it important to note that while playing tennis, the lightbulb above the Wii playing area fell victim to an impressive overhead smash.

It's a cool game. My shoulder hurts.

Holy crap, it's 2008!

Ashlee said...

My arm is sore from boxing and pitching baseballs. Sigh. How pathetically out of shape am I? We do love our Wii too though. It's NOT just for kids!

Have fun house shopping!

Shan said...

Happy New Year! I can't wait to try the Wii. I have no idea how you can get competive creating a character? This sounds like an interesting game! I'm coming home soon. Buying my ticket tonight. Hows the house hunting going?

Jane said...

We got a Wii also! What fun!
It's pretty hilarious to watch Derek do boxing! I'll bet you've had a few "kicks" of your own. If the exercise doesn't wear you out then the laughing most certainly will make up for it :-)