Thursday, February 28, 2008

Carter Anderson


iThis adorable little boy is Carter Anderson. I'm arranging a marriage for him and Greta when they get older. This little boy has me smitten. He is all boy, but has a soft spot for Greta. He's 5 years old, but missed the deadline for kindergarten, he's still one of Austin's new best friends. All the kids his age and not in school yet are girls.

Yesterday we had flooding in our neighborhood at our new church site. They were calling everyone they could to help fill sand bags. Carter's mom Shellie called me and asked me if I could watch her boys while she went to help. Carter and his brother Luke came kicking and screaming. They didn't want to hang out with girls while the boys were in school. Carter was so upset. I told him he could just go in Austin's room and do "boy things." After about 20 minutes I found him playing with Greta.

You have to know that Carter is a TOTAL boy. He's been riding a bike without training wheels since he was 3, he roller blades in his mom's skates that are way too big for him. He always has a cut somewhere and mud on his face. He's also VERY good at ALL sports and girls have COOTIES to him, but he is so sweet with Greta and Alina when no one is looking.

I begged him to let me take a picture of him and the only way I could is if I bring him a candy bar today. That is why he looks so defiant.

Now he starts to warm up a bit.....
And that's as close to a smile as we're going to get.

And of course we can't forget Alina and "luca" (luke). Alina tells me everyday that she loves Luke. Maybe we'll have 2 arranged marriages.

4 comments:

J. Doug said...

Holly, you are addicted to this boy. Be careful on arranging these marriages. Please have a lawyer review the arrangement documents priro to you signing them.
-Doug

Holly said...

Hey there are many other adorable boys in this neighborhood, we can arrange marriages for your girls too!!:)

Cameron said...

I'm afraid I may have to beat up some boys in the not too distant future. I'm not joking.

Ashlee said...

Cam, Jaysen isn't going to let Kenzee date until she's married...so don't feel bad.