Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pictures are coming!!!

I thought I should give a little update in case anyone wonders where we've been.

We are moved in and I'm proud to say that most of our boxes have been emptied. The only ones that remain are Cam's boxes for the desk, he'll do that as soon as this audit is over.

We looooove our house, our ward, our neighbors, and all the zillion kids here. I will have at any given moment at least 3 extra kids in my house. We have fit right in with our ward and neighbors. Our neighbors behind us have a gate from our backyard to theirs and all the kids use it to come and play. We are the hot house of the neighborhood, everyone thinks Austin, Greta, and Alina are super cool (who wouldn't) so they are the talk of the town.

Our new ward is awesome, it's a nice change from our Idaho ward and although we've always loved my parents ward and made good friends there it's nice to have our own ward. We have already been invited to a basketball game with some families, I went to a lunch play date today, we have a bunch of couples coming to our house Friday night for games and treats and it's just wonderful! We finally feel like we have found a place to call home and are loving it! I'll post pictures if I can remember to get my camera cord from my mom.


No new callings yet, there is at least 1 new family a week, but I think it's more like 3. We were worried we'd just get forgotten since there are so many new families, but everyone here is so nice. I can't wait for the summer, all the moms say they sit on the porch and sip lemonade while the kids run from house to house playing all day. We even have an older lady who is known as the popsicle lady in the summer and the fruit snack lady in the winter, she even brought the kids Valentines. This truly is a wonderful place to be.

We are doing great and the kids are happy. Our new phone number is 801-770-2975 and our cell number didn't change.

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about your new place! Pictures! Please!

So glad you are enjoying it so much. It's always a nice feeling when you feel like you "belong". I miss you all so much though. Landon asked about Austin yesterday. I told him maybe we could visit during Sprink Break. What's your Spring Break looking like?

J. Doug said...

Hey, thanks for having us over....I hope we didn't keep you up too late! We certainly enjoyed coming and catching up with you guys!
-Doug (Liz, Anne, Jane, & Kate)

Holly said...

Thanks for coming to see us. We had a great time and you didn't keep us up too late, we were worried we kept you up too late. We need to get together again soon:)

Holly said...

Ashlee-I don't even know when our spring break is since we started a new school. I'll find out and let you know.

Ashlee said...

I didn't think about Austin having to start a new school. How is he doing with that? Does he go to school with some of his new friends from the neighborhood?

Holly said...

It was really scary for him at first, but he has adjusted just fine now. He doesn't have a single boy in our neighborhood in his class though. But they all carpool together so that's fun for them.

Shan said...

Hey Holl! I'm soooooo happy to hear that it is everything you guys want and need. You guys totally deserve it! I want to send the kids some letters. Can you email or text me your new address? Post pictures of the house when its done. I want to see the new rooms! Math told me the girls room was painted an awesome pink color and I'm anxious to see what Austin did with his room! Anyways, all is well here. I got my dream job and am enrolled back into school. I love it! Love ya!