Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Home













Please note that these pictures are not in order of the descriptions.....

Well here are a few pictures of our home. As you can tell the girls room is very pink, they will have beds next week after I finish painting them white to offset some of the pink. Austin's room isn't ready yet, we are taking him to deseret book to pick out pictures of Book of Mormon heroes for his room. He's very interested in prophets since President Hinckley died. He drew a picture of our beloved prophet during our Stake Conference on Sunday to go in his room.
We absolutely love our bedroom, I have wanted this color in our bedroom for a long time. It's a very peaceful color to have on a wall. The outside picture is a view from our bedroom. It's so quiet here and the stars shine so bright.

The other outside picture is of our porch. We will definitely be getting a swing.:)

The picture with all the toys is the play room, we have way too many toys!!

My kitchen, dining room and living room have not been decorated the way we want yet, except for the picture of the sacred grove over our fire place. That is our newest addition that we love and have wanted for some time. My friend Shellie is very good at interior decorating and has a slip cover business that she's very successful at. We are going to find me some old chairs for her to teach me how to cover since my living room is almost just as big as our old one in Idaho, we have lots of space to fill up. Since all the rooms on the main floor are connected I'm having a hard time deciding how to paint it. All I know is that we are going to put up some chair rail in the living room and bead board in the dining. It'll look lovely. Then I'll worry about paint colors. We are searching for a coffee table, but haven't found one we like.

The kids have hideouts in the bonus room over the garage which are a big hit with all the kids around here. The other big hit at our house is we have the circle from the front door to the dining room, through the kitchen in to the family room and back at the front door, just like in Idaho. Yesterday there were 6 boys playing tag and we had our first accident. Logan who is 7 ran into the banister and gashed his head, there was a lot of blood, but he was very calm and Shellie came to get him we ended up talking for an hour and Logan wanted to play again. He's perfectly fine, thank goodness!!

We had a little get together with 2 families from our ward last Friday and Austin, Greta and Alina were so excited. Austin made signs welcoming all the kids to the party. There were 7 extra kids that night and they had so much fun. The kids filled bowls of chicken nuggets, gummy worms, smarties and pretzels. They played and watched movies while the adults played games. It was so fun.

We can't wait for those of you who haven't been here to come and see our new place!!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

We are so excited to come visit! I really like the color of your bedroom. Nice shade. I think we might still just come visit that weekend anyway...I'm just waiting to hear from Jeff. I'll keep you posted.

Shan said...

Holly, I'm sorry. I remember looking at all these pics but I guess I didn't comment? I can't believe how amazing it all looks. Escpecially your and Cam's room. I like the color and how well the bedspread goes with everything. It looks so beautiful and that PINK in the girls room. That is feirce! LOL