Friday, August 8, 2008

Alina Talk

Alina woke up last night whimpering. I could tell she was still half asleep and I asked her what was wrong. She kept whimpering and I asked her again. She paused and looked at me all confused and said, "I don't know the story," (meaning she didn't know what was wrong) and started crying, but I was able to get her back to sleep thank goodness.

The other day she cut her thumb on a piece of glass and it was bleeding so she needed a bandaid. Problem was that it was the thumb she sucks. She got so discouraged because she'd think after 10 minutes it would be healed so she'd take the bandaid off and start sucking and it would bleed more. She finally burst in tears and ran to me and said "mom, I want you to get me new fingers." She's adorable.

6 comments:

Cameron said...

That girl cracks me up every time she opens her mouth.

Shylo said...

Celtin used to wake up nightly with bad dreams. I told him to think about something happy and he was in control of his thoughts so he could change his dreams...well one night he was crying and I went in and he kept saying "I can't change the channel" I guess he thought his mind worked like the TV! I love kids and their silly, insightful comments.

TURKS said...

She is a cutie!! When Taylor sucked her thumb, I would put bandaids on her thumb so she would stop. She finally figured out she could take it off and as a result of that she hated bandaids and would never let me put one on her, ever.

Ashlee said...

Did the bleeding finger help her thumb sucking habit? She's only got a few days left of being 2 and she told me she was done sucking her thumb when she was three. :0)

Banham Luck! said...

Wow, Philip talks in his sleep still too, I am just glad we have broken his thumb sucking habit!
Although with Philip, I like to see how long I can get him to talk in his sleep, the other night he ejected me from the game! Can you believe that? I GOT EJECTED!!!!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Her and Caden were by far had gone through the biggest changes for me. Alina is so light hearted and fun all the time. Priceless personality!