Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend in 3 Posts.

We went up to Cascade Springs in American Fork Canyon on Saturday. On the way up a bunch of motorcycle cops stopped us and told us we had to pull over because there was a big bike race down the canyon. We had to wait for about 20 minutes for all the bikers to make it down the mountain. When they came down in big groups the sound and wind they produced was awesome. They were going so fast it was amazing.






We started off before our hike with some lunch. We had way too much food and none of the kids wanted to eat, they were too excited to be in the mountains. Austin found a butterfly injured on the ground. He picked it up and put it in a tree.














Shane, Greta, and Alina
























Matthew, Shannon, Tessa, Kelly (Shane's Friend) and Shane. Cameron and Alina at a tree that burnt down. There was a big fire up at Cascade Springs a few years ago, there are a ton of trees like this, but you can also see all the new growth.













.Caden and Alina really wanted Carson to take the picture with them, but he wouldn't


















Caden, Alina, Greta, and Austin. Kevin and Camo who couldn't stay out of the water. He fetched rocks over and over again.








The whole family minus Ryan.









I love this picture of our little family, thanks Shane.


















Alina fell down face first in the water and hit her face on a rock. She cried pretty hard, but she soon started playing again.




















Austin, Greta, and Alina had so much fun walking in the tall grass, playing in the water and collecting rocks.





Shane taught me how to take panoramic pictures with my camera.



Shane and Kelly



























Carson is my 1 year old nephew and he is the cutest little thing. He's very mello and doesn't make much noise. He loved this bridge and walked over it and over it. He's adorable.





After Cascade Springs we went back to my parents and had Shannon's last favorite meal, orange pancakes. Then we said goodbye before she left for the airport and the kids were sound asleep on the way home. It was a great weekend and we already miss you Shan.

3 comments:

TURKS said...

Wow! I haven't seen Tessa in years. Probably since you were married. Well, I haven't seen any of them for awhile, but she looks the most different to me. All grown up. Shannon looks so much like your mom!

Unknown said...

I miss you guys too! Tell the kids the plane ride was alot of fun and I got to see the clouds and the ocean. I will send their package in a couple of days. Thanks for everything and I will see you guys in December! I miss you Holl!

Shylo said...

You guys have been busy! Looks like tons of fun and I love all the pictures. Your sisters look so grownup...crazy!