Saturday, November 7, 2009

Austin's Baptism

Our Austin is 8 and is now baptized. We have been having FHE lessons for about 2 months now on baptism and what it means. Austin was ready and anxious for his big day.

I got to do a spotlight on Austin and I shared some of the funny things he's said and done throughout his life. I told the story of when Austin as 2 and he picked up two rocks and walked up to his dad and said, "you want a rock?" Dad said, "yes," and then tried to take one from Austin and Austin said "no dad you get your own rock."

Another time right before he turned 3 Austin was telling his dad and I how much he loved us. I then said to him, "well what about baby Greta, do you love her too?" Austin said after much contemplation, "Hmmmm.....I'm not sure yet."

He also loved to yell "COCONUTS!" We asked you how to say please in spanish and he yelled "COCONUTS."

When he was 5 he got sick and had to go and see the doctor. His tummy hurt really bad and he as worried they were going to have to take out your tummy. The doctor said it was strep and that you would have to take medicine for it. You looked up at me and said "I have to take more medicine....I'm doomed!"

And then I told the story of driving to see Grandma and Grandpa for Sunday dinner. You were being really quiet and asked you if you were okay. You were silent so I siad, "Well I'll take that as a yes." And you said right back to me, "You can take that as a no."

Cameron gave Austin a beautiful blessing for his Confirmation.

It was a great day. Austin had his friends Braden, Sean and Carter and their families come to support him. And Lyndee played the piano for me and Shelley gave a prayer. My parents and my brother Matthew and his family came and Mike Spencer also made the trip and he brought Crystal with him.


Afterwards we went to our home for a lunch and once everybody was gone Cameron took Austin out to shoot his new BB gun.






















1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

Our boys grew up way too fast! *sniff*