Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ryan's Home!!

My youngest brother and sibling Ryan came home from his mission to Peru. I have been so excited to see him, I've missed him a lot.

My parents had the opportunity to go and pick Ryan up in Peru and vacation for 2 weeks there with him. On their way home their plane in Peru was delayed a few hours and then there was major snow in Atlanta and they got stuck there as well. We really didn't think they were going to make it home until the next day, but they came only 5 hours late.

We all met at my parents house to decorate everything with yellow ribbon and pictures the kids had drawn. Then the kids decided they wanted to wear something yellow so we tied bands around their head so they could look like Nephi. That took longer than expected and we were a couple minutes late getting to the airport for their arrival. As we are coming down the escalators they call to tell us they were already at baggage. We are running to get there and run right into Ryan as he's on his way to the bathroom. Not exactly they way a mission reunion in the airport should go. We leave him and go find my parents and decide we should just pretend we haven't seen Ryan yet. But the kids gave us away. It definatley didn't go as planned, but we are just all glad to have him home safely.



Ryan's first time meeting Olivia and Madison. If you look closely you can see that Olivia is doing a fish face, her latest new thing that she loves to do.



Ryan wanted pizza for his first meal home.


Shane and Matthew had all the kids laughing and screaming during tickle battles.



My mom showing all the stuff they got from Peru. We got some cool gifts.


Eating fun dip and checking out Shane's new musical instrument from Peru. It's fun to play.

All of our kids were so happy to see Ryan again. Alina said she remembered him, but when we got in the car to drive home from the airport she said in the pictures his head is round but now it's oval so she thinks she doesn't remember him now. She's so funny. Then Caden saw Ryan's picture come up on the digital frame and he said, "that's who I've been waiting for to come home." He must look different in person to them, but he looks exactly the same to me, just a about 2 inches taller.


And here is Miss Liv out for the night.




2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it when my brothers come home from missions, I love watching them adapt to the world agian lol.

Lyndsey said...

Yay! I have to agree with Alina though...I think his face does look thinner and more oval! lol! I'm very excited to see him on Sunday!!