Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July 2008

On Thursday, July 3rd we went to the Riverton Parade, and then to the Egan's for sparklers. At the parade we were standing right next to a policeman, and whenever he got candy thrown at him from the floats, he'd give it to Alina - and only Alina. Greta doesn't like the police and told Holly that the policeman was mean. Holly told her that he was nice because he was giving Alina so much candy. To which Greta said, "he's not giving any to me."













On the 4th we went to Riverton for their carnival and fireworks show. Last year the kids were terrified of the rides, but this time around they were all in. The girls did a couple of kiddie roller coasters, and Austin did an obstacle course that ends in a slide, and a flying saucer ride that went up and down in the air while spinning around. As I watched him on the ride I was worried he wouldn't like it, but he told me afterwards that it was his favorite.
I was able to keep my tradition alive when Uncle Matthew and I went on the Zipper. It's the first ride I ever went on, and if there's one ride I go on, it's that one. The key is having a good partner, and with Matthew this year we got it spinning pretty fast.
After the rides we headed to the blankets for the fireworks show. Riverton does a really good job and didn't disappoint this year. I taped a few parts of it in addition to the pictures we took.


No comments: