Monday, July 14, 2008

Last Minute Getaway

You know it's going to be fun when my husband looks like this, and fun is what we had this last weekend.

Our friends Chris and Angie Adams called us Friday afternoon and invited us up to their cabin for the weekend. We hurried and packed with excitement so we could get up there at a decent time. Shelby told me I was a little too excited, but I love cabins. Shelby and Greta went with Angie to do some shopping at Costco and I went to pick up Cameron and Chris in Salt Lake. We all met up at the cabin in Wanship Utah (just past Park City). We had tons of good food and stayed up until the early morning playing games.





















We started off the night with jumping on the tramp, checking out the river for ducks and just having fun. Cameron ran with Shelby on his shoulders all around the yard, it was hilarious. Shelby was sure he was going to drop her.





















The next day Greta and Alina couldn't wait to go to Wanship Reservoir. They took it upon themselves to put on adult size life jackets. Shelby and I had swimming races and I dunked her a few times. Then we got really brave and decided to swim a good distance to check out another part of the beach. On the way there a stick attacked my swim suit and I couldn't move, I started panicking, Shelby laughed. Then the water got really dark and we saw little black fish and we both started panicking and made a short cut to some rocks. It was quite the swim.













Austin and Cameron went out really far on the tube, Greta and Alina were to scared to go that far.























Austin, Greta, and Alina loved the water the minute they got in it.























They had two awesome tree swings that the kids asked me to push them on the entire time we were there.















Saturday night we went to the Park City Outlet Malls and did some major shopping. Halfway through the boys left all us girls to ourselves. We shopped forever, my feet were sore! It was worth it though. Shelby, Clarissa, and the boys went fishing while we were shopping.


It was a great weekend and we are glad to have new friends like Chris and Angie.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

What a fun weekend! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Banham Luck! said...

I love the precaution that Alina is taking with the "Adult" life jacket. She is going to be so safe with that one! I sure do miss the mountains, looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

Krishelle said...

That sounds so fun!! We need to get together!!