Thursday, June 16, 2011

Carlsbad Beach 2011

We were so excited to go to Cali for a vacation this year and felt very blessed to be able to do so. There were 9 families from our neighborhood that went. The Andersons, Hintzes, Vehars, Lillies, Fitzsimmons, Johnsons, Owens, and the Barneys. e left on Wednesday June 8th and drove to Primm Nevada to stay overnight to break the driving up. We met almost everyone else there and all went to Denny's for dinner. The wait was horrible and the food was terrible. But we were full. Thursday we made it to the campground. The weather started out chilly but by the end of our time there it was warm. We went to the La Jolla tide pools two different day. Our kids love it there. There's a million hermit crabs to catch, sea shells to find and seals to watch. It's also so beautiful in La Jolla. Alina could live in the tide pools of La Jolla. She jumps right in trying to find all the hermit crabs and shells she can. She always has a smile on her face and can't wait to find a new pool to explore.

Austin was always off with his friends boogie boarding or hanging out. I hardly have any pictures of him. I can't believe how old and independent he's becoming.
Greta didn't want to go to Cali and begged us to leave her with my parents. But she got there and had a great time, but took awhile to smile in the pictures. She couldn't let us realize she was having fun after the fuss she made :) Olivia hated the water, she was happy to just play in the sand. She also hated the drive. The drive home was the worse. She was so angry and screamed most of the way. We were happy to be home and get out of the car.

The vacation was fun, but frustrating. I left to Cali with a head cold that then turned into a sinus infection and ear infection. I had to call my doctor and pick up a prescription for it in California. Once I got the medicine in me and started feeling better Cameron came down with a fever, then Greta, and all the kids had coughs. On top of it our air mattress didn't work and the ground was very hard and unwelcoming. It was a lot of sleepless nights and by the end of it we were all exhausted.
We did get to see Corona beach which has the best sand I've ever seen. The kids buried themselves in it and had a great time. We hunted for shells and I found a perfect sand dollar, which is very hard to find. I didn't get to boogie board as much as I wanted because of my ear infection, but when I did it was so fun. The waves were great, the water relaxing, and the company even better. I'm very grateful to have such great friends and to live in such a great neighborhood. Someone asked us while we were there if we were on a family reunion, when we told him it was just a bunch of friends he thought that was really cool. And it was.



Happy to be in the car because the trip had only just started.

Alina started collecting shells the second we arrived.

Greta refusing to smile because then we might realize she actually did have fun.

Alina so happy to be on the beach.

I love this picture of Cam.

La Jolla tide pools with my girls and Alyssa Vehar.


The squirrels are fat and unafraid of people at La Jolla.




Alina always had her crab bucket next to her and was constantly touching them. She literally loved them to death.

I found the cutest bathing suit and was so glad I did!

Livy loved playing in the sand.

Sami Hintze and Alina making their own hot tub. I don't want to know how they heated it.;)

Alyssa and Greta wave jumping.

Megan, Becky, Holly, Becki, Hilary, and Teresa getting our boogie on.



Alina in a tide pool crab hunting and truly happy.

Megan, and Bella helped Alina and I hunt for shells and crabs at Corona beach.

Livy held a crab, but only for a second.



The anger is starting to simmer in Olivia, can you see it?

Sami and Alina sacked out even with Olivia crying.

2 comments:

Jenalee said...

I do see the anger simmering. I also love the picture of Alina with the rock on her head. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Jamie said...

I'm surprised olivia didn't eat it!!