Monday, June 30, 2008

Campout on the Tramp


My husband knows how to start a fire!




Alina concentrating hard on her 5th marshmallow



The kids have been begging for all of us to sleep on the tramp, so we did it Friday night. We roasted marshmallows in Cam's new fire pit, and had rootbeer, doritos, and hotdogs. We loaded the tramp with all of our pillows and blankets and looked at the stars for awhile. We could even see the Milky Way, it was beautiful.

About 2am we had a nice little surprise, the sprinklers came on. Cam frantically ran to turn them off and we were all a little soaked. Alina never even woke up from it, Austin woke up a couple of minutes after they were off and asked us if it had rained. Greta just pulled the blanket up over her head and went back to sleep.

I only made it until 4am and couldn't take being squished anymore and went into my own bed, the girls slept until 9am out on the tramp, Austin of course was up at the crack of dawn.

It was a great night and I love my kids for wanting to do family things like this, it helps us appreciate each other more and think up other great traditions to do together.
Next adventure: Movie night in our homemade tent, with games and junk food galore.

8 comments:

Cameron said...

I told you not to put the gasoline picture!!

Everyone, that was actually just a joke. I really put all of my Eagle Scout training to use and lit the fire with flint and and sticks and stuff. There was no propellant used at all!

Holly said...

You are so cute babe!

Krishelle said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such fun parents who will do stuff like this with them!

Banham Luck! said...

How cool! The sprinklers would have been a blessing here. If it was not still 106 degrees outside ALL NIGHT we would sleep out on the trampoline too! Oh that is if we had a trampoline. That is neat you all did that as a family!

Ashlee said...

Thankfully our backyard doesn't have a sprinkler system. Wait...let me rephrase that...we won't have to worry about sprinklers going off for our campout because the dang backyard doesn't have a sprinkler system! :0) Love the fire pit! I'm totally jealous. We have to roast our mallows over the grill. It works....
I love that Austin thought it had rained. Good stuff!

Jenalee said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish we had some good friends to do fun things like that with....

We have been to the cabin, I noticed you called me. I am at work tonight, so email me or call me tomorrow!

We miss you guys!

Shane Egan said...

Dont put up the gas picture huh. Come on now Cam, are you forsaking your eagle scouting ways? By forsaken I of course actually mean....practicing, Ha ha. Hey kids HOW DID YOU GET SO MANY FRIENDS!!! Can I have some of your friends since you have so many?

J. Doug said...

Nice boy scout water Cameron!