Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Projects







Buying a home often times means PROJECTS. We have a really nice home, but to make it my own I've wanted to do some things to it. First thing we did was paint bedrooms. Then my kitchen and then I decided I really wanted my cabinets painted. It took forever and I still have some touchup. My island will eventually have black beadboard around it. We just had to get yard projects done first. My next big project is these chairs. I got them off KSL for $20.00 a piece and Shelley Anderson is going to teach me how to make slipcovers for them. We are going fabric shopping today, I can't wait!

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love your cabinets! It looks so nice! And what a steal on those chairs you got! You'll have to post an after picture so we can see them with the slipcovers. :0)

Jenalee said...

I really like the chairs. They are PERFECT for that front window.

J. Doug said...

Good idea on the beadboard! Looking good!

Shan baby! YA! WOO HOO said...

Wait a minute! I'm totally confused! is that paint on those cabinets above or did you replace it with different wood? It looks like wood...not paint. LOL

Shan baby! YA! WOO HOO said...

What color of fabric you doing on those chairs? What's the theme of the living room? Send me an email punk!

Holly said...

I'm not doing themes anymore, mostly color.

The cabinets are just painted Shan:)

I've got the fabric for the chairs and we might be able to finish making the slipcovers sometime next week. yeah!:) I'll post pictures.