Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Bash!

We had Shelley's and April's B-day Thursday night and it was a lot of fun. I almost didn't go because I came down with a really bad cold Tuesday night and it just wouldn't go away. I wasn't even sure if I was going to go until about 40 minutes before we had to leave.





I went and had a lot of fun despite my terrible cold. We started out the trip with lunch at Dear Lizzy's. It's this adorable shabby chic shop with a bistro. We had people either staring at us or trying not to stare since we were dressed in our old prom dresses. We had crimped hair, side pony tails, scrunchies and big bows to help accessorize our look. We looked hot! All the little girls thought we were princesses. When I came down my stairs Greta said to me, "oh mommy you look beautiful." I looked anything but beautiful.

The store owners at Dear Lizzy's thought we looked fabulous and took our picture for us in the store.




From left to right: Kelly, Lynette, Me, Julie, Katie, Cami, Becki (in the back), Shelley laying across us, Angie, and April.

I have to say my favorite outfit was the one Kelly wore. She didn't have an old prom dress so she wore a levi mini-skirt with leg warmers, a headband, a pony tail with neon elastics all through it, huge earrings, sunglasses and her rolled up sleeves. She looked awesome.



Then of course we had to get a shot of us jumping up and down, why did we do that again? Shelley ended up ripping her dress on the first jump.





We went up to Wolf Creek in Ogden canyon. We had an awesome spaghetti dinner and just hung out being girls.


We watched "Never Been Kissed" and stayed up late just talking. It was awesome. Kudos to you girls for talking about how great your husbands are. So many times I've been with girls who bash their husbands and I don't get it because I love my husband, so it was refreshing and nice to hear that you all love your husbands too. I enjoyed learning more about all of you. And Shelley we will never forget that you are cheap and dirty;)










This cake is fabulous. It's been a tradition with them to make this cake for everyone's birthday. It was sooooo goooood!

We did some karaoke and my favorite was when April did her rendition of NKOTB.


When we checked in they gave Shelley 2 free razors. Angie hurried and wrapped them in napkins along with some laundry detergent for their present from us.



Angie and Shelley showing us their tennis skills

Thanks girls for a great weekend. When we do it again I promise to give you my rendition of Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now." I did that song for the 6th grade talent show and I still remember all the moves;)

8 comments:

Krishelle said...

That sounds sooo fun! I love girls nights like that!

TURKS said...

I totally remember that dress you were wearing. It's good your mom's hard work was able to be put to use again. And I too remember all those moves to your tiffany dance. You guys practiced it so many times it is engraved into my memory!

Ashlee said...

I want that on video so I can see those wicked dance moves you've got. :0)
You guys looked like you had so much fun. How awesome for you! I love the 80s dresses, I'm trying to see if any of my girls would be as adventurous...but we'll see.

Shylo said...

Sounds like a fun and crazy girls night out.

Lyndee W. said...

Holy crap! Another Tiffany fan!? I wanna see these moves!

Jamie said...

Your profile picture is so dang cute!!!

Jamie said...

Hey Holly it was really fun last night! Hopefully you didn't have nightmares jk. I am hoping people didn't get offended with the pole LOL You were really good!! ;)

Unknown said...

I'm really glad to see you have some good friends there Holly. I've been making some good girl friends too and it definatley makes a world of difference! You guys look crazy in those dresses. Were they ever cool? My old prom dress with Sky looks just like those. Crazy!