Thursday, November 20, 2008

Princess Party



Greta had her very first friend birthday party today. The day started out perfect because her Aunt Shan's birthday package to Greta came today. It was filled with Littlest Petshops. She was soooooo happy.

We had 10 girls there, 12 with Greta and Alina. Greta has never had so many friends in her life, she's so happy to finally have so many great friends. All the girls looked so cute in their princess outfits.







We did makeovers and finger painting. Austin even got to help paint fingernails, he was a good sport through the whole thing. All the girls wanted to be with Austin and flirted with him as well as 5 year olds can.











We have a great CD with old dance songs on it and the girls had fun doing the limbo and chicken dance.









Greta got lots of great presents. Alina is very upset that she didn't get any. Greta isn't ready to share yet and Alina has just been sobbing about it. I reminded her that she didn't want to share her new toys when it was her birthday either. She looked at me with big elephant tears and said, "oh mommy I promise I'll share every day." Greta isn't buying it.





She wanted a Hello Kitty cake thank goodness! It was an easy one to make and turned out really cute. Greta gets to have another party on Saturday with her Utah family and another one on her birthday with her Idaho family, she can hardly wait!



8 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Wow! Greta, you're soooo lucky. I never get three birthday parties! Glad you had a great party! Happy Birthday, sweetie {maybe you'll talk to me now that I wished you Happy Birthday, eh?...okay, maybe not...LOL}!

Austin...what a great big brother!

Holly...you're brave. That many girls in your house has got to be crazy. Lyle and I will miss you at Jamie's tomorrow! You're gonna be wishing you were hangin' out with us...we're the coolest.

April said...

The cake turned out great Holly! You are an awesome mom! Greta looked so happy, good job!

Holly said...

Lyndee-I wish we could be there too, don't worry we have girls night Saturday and making earrings during the BYU game:) You're right, you guys are the coolest:)

April-thanks for letting me borrow your black food coloring, hello kitty wouldn't be the same without it.

Ashlee said...

Happy birthday Greta! I can't wait to see you next week! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. :0)

Jenalee said...

Wow, Hol. I really am impressed with that cake. You are quite the happy homemaker. I love it.

Give Greta a big hug for us, and I must say she was the prettiest princess there.....and I'm not at all partial. :)

Jamie said...

Holly what a cute cake!! Looks like there were a lot snow white girls there!!! See ya sat!!

Banham Luck! said...

Holy Cow!!! I am sure you are still sleeping off the aftermath...but how cute! What a great party!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

That is a ton of girls.... I didn't realize we had that many, I only see the boys for the most part. Looks like it was fun.