Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Weekend!

We had a very busy week. Here are my cute preschool kids. We did a Halloween party and told stories and frosted sugar cookies.






Friday I had to help out in Austin's class party. I got to dress up like a witch and have the kids help me make a monster. And then since my friend Kim mentioned "The Green Hand" story in a comment I decided to tell them that as well. It's a story my dad told us everytime we had a birthday sleepover. We had kids crying and wanting to go home, it was great fun. Part of the story says that if the green hand touches you he'll leave a green mark on you. One kid was so into it and asked me if he thought that meant the green hand could turn him into the Hulk. Good stuff.

After the party we rushed home to get ready for Cameron's parents to arrive and the kids COULD NOT wait for them to get here. Austin stood pacing on the porch, then he decided he'd ride his bike to see if he could find them. Greta kept herself busy by cleaning, boy were they glad when they finally got here.






We had a beautiful fairy princess, a scary pirate that likes to say, "Arrrgh Matey" and the perfect Harry Potter. The kids had a great time trick or treating. Austin went with Braden and Carter and to some homes they went three times. Greta went out once with me and once with her dad and Papa. Alina only made it out once, she was too busy eating her candy when we got back. She told me later that night she had a tummy ache....hmmmmm....I wonder why




On Saturday we went to a historical site called Camp Floyd not far from our home and went on a tour and looked at some trees that were 150 years old. I got some great pictures of the kids in the fall foliage that I'll post later. Later that day we went to our ward party and I forgot my camera and then to a 50th wedding anniversary for Grandma Casperson's sister. We had a great weekend and we are so happy you came to see us Nana and Papa. We are on the countdown for Thanksgiving.







8 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Adorable costumes! I've always wanted to dress Sean up as Harry Potter, but he always wants to be a ninja or a Jedi! I guess it's not good to live vicariously through your child anyway...right?

Gavin and Becki said...

Your kids look so cute. Alina was especially cute with her "argh matey". It's so fun to see all the neighborhood kidos!

Shylo said...

You guys have been busy...looks like tons of fun. I have been out of the loop lately but it fun to catch up on your happenings. Love the costumes :)

Ashlee said...

They all look so great in their costumes! How fun!

TURKS said...

I can't believe you told the green hand story to a bunch of little kids! I remember 14 year olds crying because of that story. Your kids costumes are so cute. I tried to get Jake to be a pirate, but he is into the super hero thing right now.

Jamie said...

did you know camp Floyd is supposedly haunted? Dun dun dun...

Banham Luck! said...

I am like Alina, I think I had a sucker in my mouth EVERY time we got a trick or treater. MMM I so would have went house to house to get more candy, if I did not have 500 pieces left over. Come on over Alina we can vege in a candy lover's paradise!

Unknown said...

Sounds like good times! Meanwhile I dressed up as a hot mental patient and went to a happening' party in Manhattan. New Yorkers get really into Halloween here (alot more than Christmas because of the Jews). The streets were bustling with men in speedos (dressed like Michael Phelps) and I even saw one guy dressed as a shower. Don't ask.