Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin!

Austin is officially 7 years old and we can hardly believe it. He had his birthday party today with 8 of his friends. From left to right: Bridger, Sean, Braden, Carter, Jeremy, Austin, Logan, Spencer and Kenny on the floor.





Austin had a hard time deciding what to have served for his party because he doesn't like cake, cookies, or brownies. Last year we tried pudding, whipped cream and oreos crushed on top with gummy worms and he didn't like that either. He finally decided he only wanted strawberry cupcakes and floating hand punch so that's what we did. As you can tell the boys were a little crazy decorating their cupcakes.



I took the kids to the basement to tell them my secret.....I'm a witch who brings monsters back to life. Some of them weren't sure if I was telling the truth or not. I told them I had some body parts from some animals and corpses and that we would mix them in my cauldron and see if we could get a monster to come alive. We had fingers from a mummy (baby carrots), dried up ears from a corpse (tortilla chips), brains from a chicken (cooked sphagetti), eyeballs from a cow (peeled grapes), and a heart that was warm from a monster that just died (a balloon filled up with warm water). All the boys had to feel each item, I thought Braden was going to throw up every time his hand went in the cauldron. Some didn't even dare touch. Once the heart was in the cauldron the table started shaking and strange sounds came from the stairs and all of a sudden a hairy monster came screaming into the room (Bella Lillie). The boys were freaked out, although if you ask them they weren't scared at all. It was great fun. Happy Birthday Austin!









5 comments:

TURKS said...

They're probably too young for the green hand. That was so much fun!

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday Austin! So glad you had such a fun party!

Jamie said...

haha what a cute idea with the monster!! How was it?

Lyndee W. said...

Sean had a blast! When he came home I was zonked out...but he woke me up with his explanation of all the body parts! He was glad he went...thanks for sending Austin over to get him!

Unknown said...

Message for Austin: Happy Birthday Aust! I'm glad you had such a fun time and I can't believe you are 7 years old. That is so big! Remember when you were a baby and you got that pee stuck in your nose and we used the vacuum on your face to suck it out? That was hilarious! We should do that again when I come to Utah. Also, when I was a kid granpa use to tell us scary stories like your mom did at your birthday party and grandma would dress up in a scary mask and freak everyone out. Some of my friends would get scared and go home crying! It was awesome! Love you, Aunt Shan