Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cameron and Tomatoes

My husband HATES tomatoes. He served a mission in Uruguay where they served plates of tomatoes in the summertime. He never grew to like them. Every summer I try to get him to try a homegrown tomato and he still never likes them.

This year was our first garden and we prayed really hard that we would have success and we did. I found a way to freeze my tomatoes instead of can them and got tired of doing it. Cam said he would do the rest because we were so blessed with tomatoes that we couldn't just let them go to waste.

Here is my cute husband blanching, and peeling the things he hates the most. When I told him he also had to squeeze out the guts and get the seeds out his face turned pale and he said, "ya, I don't think I'll be able to do that." So I helped him and we got it done quick.

Later that night he was sniffing his hands and said, "gross they still smell like tomatoes!"

Thanks for doing a batch for me babe.





3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

That's how you know they love you so much; they willingly do things that make them gag. Way to be a man, Cam!

Gavin and Becki said...

Major points for doing the tomatoes. I hate doing it and I love tomatoes.

Unknown said...

Ya know, sometimes I read these blogs about your guys' life over there in Utah and I'm like...is this real? Gardens, and tomatoes and loving couples...few and far between out here in the wild, wild streets of NYC.