Monday, October 6, 2008

Gratitude

So I loved Conference this last weekend and I particularly loved Presidents Monson's talk on gratitude and enjoying the journey. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant or some other reason but my emotions are very raw lately and I've been thinking constantly about all the things I'm grateful for. I feel very blessed and very happy with what Heavenly Father has blessed me with and thought I'd share a few of the things I am grateful for this day.

-The gospel-where would I be without it? I don't like to think about it.

-The Holy Ghost prompting me to do what's right and when I need to serve.

- My calling-it's made me stretch my usually shy self into someone who opens up her home and heart to others.

- My health

- My safety

-My bed

-My home

-My neighborhood-you guys have no idea how happy Cam and I are to be here. We finally feel like we are home and we don't ever want to leave. You've all been so nice and I actually have friends, that's such a nice feeling. We've never lived were there were so many genuinely kind people and so many wonderful children for our kids to be friends with. We love, love, love it here.

-Food-I really like food now that I'm pregnant, I can't stop eating and I'm grateful that if I'm craving pizza I can afford to buy it.

-My husband who I love with all my heart and who is honestly the most perfect person for me. He balances my craziness, keeps me calm, and dreams with me. We can talk for hours and hours about our goals, politics, kids, and gospel subjects. I love it!

-The priesthood in my home. My husband honors his priesthood and keeps us in line.

- FHE-it's the one night of the week (besides Sunday) that my family is just mine and I enjoy every second we are all together.

-My parents-they taught me how to be a good mom and how to keep the Sabbath day holy. I was the only kid growing up who consistently had FHE, father's blessings, and family council. We also had to stay home on Sunday's reading our scriptures, writing in our journals and preparing FHE lessons. I'm so grateful for their example because it was easy for me to do that with my own family.

- My children-they are all so different and allow me to love them in all different ways. They are a part of me and Cameron and that to me is just so wonderful. I love to look at them and know that they are my responsibility and that I have a supportive husband who cares about their well-being. My children make me laugh, cry, and feel so blessed.

-Temple marriage-to think that my beautiful 3 children and 1 on the way and my cute husband are mine forever and ever is the best part of it all. Forever might not even be long enough for me.

Think about what you're thankful for and be grateful for it everyday and I promise you you'll be blessed. I've tried it and it works. Gratitude is a powerful thing and something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That was beautiful! I feel the same way about the neighborhood. You shy?? You are a great leader Holly and I look up to that!

Krishelle said...

One thing I am greatful for is great friends like you!! I think you are wonderful Holly and I am so greatful to have you in my life!!

Lyndee W. said...

I ditto the above! You are the greatest Holly! I've told you before and I'll say it again; you have helped me to make it through each day as I deal with and work through this infertility. I love you and am grateful that you and your sweet family moved into our Ward. I'm grateful that you're my Visiting Teaching companion and that you're my friend. Thanks for reminding me to look for that which makes me grateful.

Cameron said...

You are so lucky to have me!

Love you, shmoopy poo.

Unknown said...

Hey Holl, I really enjoyed reading this. I've been feeling really grateful lately and also have felt very strongly that life is about the journey and not necessarily point A and B. I've tried to focus more on living life in between these points to the fullest and its made me happier and less stressed. Lately I've felt very grateful for my wonderful job and the ability to do what i love for a living, the chance to have this great adventure in NYC, and my agent who has helped me to be a better writer. I'm also greatful for my apartment that is beautiful and brings me peace of mind (hard to find a place in this city) and for good girlfriends to have lunch with. I'm greatful for challenges and insights that lead and guide me to a deeper level of happiness and for my family. Just wanted to shout this out!