Friday, October 17, 2008

Austin's Surprise Getaway

Shelley had a fabulous idea on Monday for her, April, and I to take our boys on a date with us Wednesday night since they are out of school for UEA. The plan was to take them right after school to Liberty Land for rides and laser tag, go to dinner, head up to a condo in Midway, swim, watch a movie and finally go to bed. I was on board the minute she asked me to come.

I decided not to tell Austin about it and Shelley and April didn't tell their boys either. I just told Austin that he was going to have a big surprise for him the next day. Austin isn't very patient, it drove him crazy! Cameron was afraid the boys would get together and find out all 3 mom's had a big surprise and wonder if it was the motorhome (from a previous post) that they thought they were getting.

I spent Wednesday getting packed to go and my parents who are always so great took the girls for me for the night. I waited impatiently for Austin to get home from school so I could tell him his big surprise. I had a pack of gum waiting for him and he thought that was his surprise and seemed happy with just that, but when I told him the rest he was ecstatic!

Shelley picked me up and once those 3 boys were together they were absolutely crazy. Shelley and I looked at each other wondering what we had gotten ourselves into.










We met April at Liberty Land and to our disappointment found out they didn't even open until 5 and it was only 3. They did let us minature golf and after the boys broke all the rules and fished all the balls out of the water we went to Cafe Rio for dinner. Mmmmmm pork salads are the best, all 3 of us girls got one while the boys continued to headlock and kick one another. Boys.














We headed back to Liberty Land and did the mini-tidal wave, ferris wheel, helicopters, train, and a really fun rollar coaster that we rode 3 times. They also had the bumper boats and me and the boys got soaked, but Carter and I got Braden and Austin much wetter! Then we played an awesome game of laser tag. It had 2 levels, tons of hideouts, and lots of windows to look through. It was so much fun and the boys favorite adventure of the night.










Don't we look fierce!




We headed to the condo got in an hour of swimming, came back and watched Napoleon Dynamite. I had my first peach fresca and it was yummy.


Austin woke up before everyone so I got up with him and we went to the clubhouse to play ping pong. When we got back everyone was up so we ate breakfast and went swimming again.







We headed to Wendy's for lunch and hit the Park City outlets on the way home. Austin got a new coat that he loves. It was such a fun little getaway to do with just our boys and I know they loved it too!



6 comments:

Cameron said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time!

Lyndee W. said...

What a fun idea! Looks like a blast! My favorite pic is the laser tage one with the mean Mommies!

Jamie said...

look at those boys, they look like they had fun!!! I like your signature!

Ashlee said...

what a fun idea! I bet Austin had a blast!

Krishelle said...

That looks like it was so much fun! Once again...Holly - Super MOM!!! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Unknown said...

This is very cool indeed. Kind of a dream gettaway isn't it? These are the things Austin will always remember and he will be so grateful! You look beautiful Holly!