Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Party

We had our first annual adult only Halloween party last night and we had a great turnout.

Cam and I spent the day getting ready by making food and decorating. I had bought this cute decoration in July and forgot all about it. I hurried and finished painting and decorating it yesterday and I think it turned out pretty cute! There is a black cat for the H, but you can't see it in the picture.







Cam and I also made monster brains filled with gucamole dip and homemade salsa. Cam made the salsa and it was gooooood!



We also made some mummy toes.








Everyone arrived and the costumes were amazing! Everyone did such a good job getting into the Halloween spirit. April and Brad came as traitors. You might think they are BYU fans but they aren't. They are total Ute fans and our friendship is now in jeopardy;)




Scott and Julie came as as surfer and a hockey player. Scott reeeally didn't want to dress up, at least he tried:)




Becki and Gavin came Goth. Becki had 4 inch heels on and was waaaay taller than Gavin because of it, it was great.





Michelle and Clint came as Snow White and Prince Charming. Michelle was the prettiest one of us all.






My brother Matthew came with Carson. Matthew wore is pharmacist coat, he really will be one in 1 more year. Carson is the cutest Tigger ever! Melinda stayed home because Caden was sick.




This is my cousin Lyndsey and her husband Josh. They also came Goth and Lyndsey's hair was awesome.




Condon and Lisa Hansen are some great people in our ward. Even though they are old foggies;) they come and support our party. They even dressed up and we had great fun with them. Condon is Indiana Jones and Lisa is a hospital patient.







This is Jamie and Trent Coe and they had great Pirate costumes. Jamie even found one that was modest, I was shocked because I wanted to be a pirate and couldn't find a modest one. They looked great.




Lyndee and Lyle came as Trinity and Neo. When I told Cam what they were going to be he really wanted to change our costumes and do the same thing. I told him we couldn't have 2 of the same thing, we could do it another year. Didn't they fit the part well.




Angie and Chris came as a Wench and a barbarian. Chris liked to pose for us all night long. He's hilarious.




Denise came as a prisoner. Her husband had to work and I was glad she came anyways.





And my favorite costume of the night was Peggy's. She came as Nanny McPhee. When she rang the bell and I answered it she said "I hear that you have some ill-behaved children." It was awesome. She made her costume and it was amazing, she really did look like Nanny Mcphee.
























And here is Cam and I. Can you tell what we are. We had fun getting dressed up. We forgot to have a costume contest so you guys tell me who won.


























Everyone mingled and ate some great food brought by everyone. I couldn't resist this picture of Condon with Jamie and Trent's baby girl Faith.
























We next did a pumpking carving contest. Brad and April you better be putting your "Y" pumpkin on your porch for all to see. Jamie and Trent won the competition. Trent had a drunk pumpkin that barfed up his own guts. It was quite clever.






















Then we had some game playing.





Then after everyone left Chris and Angie stayed and helped clean up. I watched Angie wash all the dishes while I stuffed my face with more crap. A lot of you left your leftovers and I'm going to turn into a blimp! Thanks for a great night everyone, we had a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what your costumes are next year!





9 comments:

Jamie said...

haha those pictures are great!! Thanks for inviting us!! we had a great time! BTW I never saw you wear your nose!

Lyndee W. said...

I never saw the nose either! I have to apologize, Hol...I didn't even think about helping clean up! I'm such a terrible friend. So, the winners of the costume contest...are we allowed to vote for ourselves? 'Cuz I was totally hawt! LOL...JK!

Lyndee W. said...

I just looked at my pic again...do I really look that white?! I look like an undead Trinity! My pics turned out that white, too. I must be paler than I ever imagined I was!

Ashlee said...

What a fun party! Ours is this next Saturday. We are so pumped! Tell Cam he looked totally freakish. :0)

BTW...I vote for Trinity and Neo too. Good stuff there!

Jamie said...

I agree I think Trinity and Neo wins.

Gavin and Becki said...

Those are awesome pics. It was a lot of fun. Glad we were there.

April said...

Holly, just thought I would let you know I put our "Y" pumpkin on the back porch so you could look at it everyday, I'm afraid we would have eggs thrown at our house if it were where everyone could see! Ha, ha, ha! Just kidding I don't really care, I just have to talk "smack" for Brad's families benefit! That was a fun night, thanks for the good times!

Unknown said...

Wow, seeing this kind of Halloween party makes me long for home! We don't do that kind of stuff in this big city. It's all impersonal and way too expensive. Your witch costume is seriously FEIRCE holly!

Krishelle said...

Looks like fun! Your costumes were great!